SCA Engineering Technician V
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Parsons
This position is for an Engineering Technician V, on a casual basis, to provide construction support for the Parsons/Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) T4 Program throughout the Southern Region, based out of Atlanta, GA. Will be used primarily as a resident engineering for construction/installation support and elements of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) equipment used for navigational aids in the National Airspace System (NAS), under the guidance of a Field Operations Manager and working closely with senior level Parsons and FAA engineers and technicians on assigned projects.
This position requires one to serve as an expert in a narrow aspect of a particular field of engineering technology, e.g., maintenance and installations of electronic aviation related systems. Complexity of assignments typically require considerable creativity and judgment to devise approaches to accomplish work, resolve design and operational problems, and make decisions in situations where standard engineering methods, procedures, and techniques may not be applicable. Supervisor will provide advice on unusual or controversial problems; completed work is reviewed for compliance with overall project objectives. May supervise or train and be assisted by lower level technicians. Will have frequent contact with professionals and others within Parsons and the FAA clients project/construction management staff. Provide onsite resident engineering oversight of construction/installation activities of various complex equipment or systems. Plans approach to solve design problems; conceives and recommends new design techniques; resolves design problems with contract personnel, and assures compatibility of design with other parts of the system.
An Associate's or equivalent degree is preferred and 6+ years of related work experience in construction/ installation field. 100% travel will be required to project sites for completion of tasks.
Must be able to meet FAA customer security requirements. A background check by Federal Authorities will be performed.
- An Associate's or equivalent degree is preferred
- 6+ years of relevant experience.
- The ability to perform a variety of engineering duties by applying basic engineering techniques and analysis within one discipline and to diversify into multiple disciplines. Some assignments involve CAE/CAD applications.
- Willingness to travel to construction site locations is expected.
- Basic computer skills, including, but not limited to, MS Windows, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Proficiency in utilizing scheduling software.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must have experience applying/relaying spec and drawing information to the construction environment.
- Must have experience working with engineers, stakeholders, fabricators, utility companies, cable locators, etc.
- Must be able to express technical information in a clear and concise manner to a nontechnical audience.
- Must have experience taking photographs using a digital camera in addition to uploading files/photographs to a computer/memory device or internet site.
- Must have experience/ability following guidelines, regulations, standards, directives, etc.
- Must be familiar with general construction and proficiently operate heavy equipment.
- Must be able to meet customer security requirements (moderate to high risk).
Ready for action? Were looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and dont hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and YouTube .
Associated topics: building, building code, civil, construction, department of transportation, function, infrastructure, remediation, soil mechanic, structural analysis