Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by CarMax
CarMax, the way your career should be! General Summary:
Under general supervision, performs and documents results of brake, steering and suspension, and basic engine repairs as identified in the Certified Quality Inspection Process and Retail Repair Process.
On as needed basis, responsible for Mechanical Associate I and II duties including but not limited to, inspecting tires, batteries, fluids, frame/rust/flood damage, interior and exterior functionality, replace air filters, retrieve OBD codes, general service repairs, brake repairs and inspection.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute CarMax standardized work
- Inspect all vehicles per CarMax Quality Standards
- Inspect, test, and repair interior and exterior functionality of accessories and equipment
- Perform brake diagnosis and repair
- Perform steering and suspension repair including 4-wheel alignments
- General repairs
- State Inspection and Emission Certification (if applicable)
- Ensure workplace cleanliness and organization in accordance with CarMax 5S standards
- Maintain, repair, and clean shop equipment
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times
- Complete duties as assigned by Leads and Managers
Position requires the following pre-requisites and ability:
- Complete all training - on-line and hands-on as required by position, including Kronos Training for Hourly Associates
- Accountable to Associate 1 Competency
- Maintain Refrigerant Recycling License
- Meet Mechanical Associate I and II Performance Standards
- Complete Mechanical Associate I, II and III Workstation Certifications
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Required to perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50lbs
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone
- Posses above average attention to detail and have manual dexterity in both arms and hands
- Monitor shop compliance with CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA policies
- Indoor and outdoor environment; may include working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
- Requires walking or standing for an extended periods of time.
- Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all times working in the store.
- Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in required areas.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including Attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity and Standards of Professional Appearance
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For .
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) ###-#### ext. 3888 or email