Regional Development Leader
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Thrivent Financial
The Successful Regional Development Leader:
Ensures Financial Professionals (FP's) have the tools, resources, and knowledge needed in order to be successful in their new role
Is passionate about coaching others to be successful
Develop New Financial Professionals (FP's) and Support the Launch of New FP Practices
- Model and coach on all elements of the Thrivent Financial Advice Process
- Conduct high levels of joint field work (3 days per week) as scheduled by new FPs to observe and offer feedback. Offer help with case prep as needed.
- Demonstrate, model and coach on the use of Salesforce and other Thrivent tools (i.e. CAP, Illustrations, etc.) during the sales process.
- Be available to FPs as they develop their sales goals and help them analyze what s working and not working in the achievement of those goals.
- Help FPs as needed to develop/execute marketing plans that leverage relationships within their natural market, referrals and communities.
- Advise FPs as to what activities will enable them to achieve their sales goals.
- Inform and communicate with leadership team regarding FP (new and vet) progress toward sales goals and success.
- Facilitate connections with vet FPs to provide additional joint field work experiences or practice review for new FPs.
- Leverage corporate resources to stay informed of best practices or changes that directly impact new FP launch
- Results Oriented: coaches others to success and drives toward goals
- People Oriented: comfortable working with others, whether it s in large groups, small groups or one-on-one
- Adaptable: flexible, agile and amenable
- Credible: Seen as an expert in what it takes to be a successful FP, both in sales process/methods and systems/technology
Model the Thrivent Way
- Demonstrate alignment to decisions, and consistently follow through.
- Build trust and credibility through competence.
- Consistently champion, model, and demand uncompromising commitment to values and The Thrivent Way.
- Model and promote an environment of respect for people of all backgrounds and perspectives, regardless of their role, level, or if their perspective differs from your own.
- Build collaborative relationships within and across teams.
- Model collaboration and ensure all team members participate fully; help others understand that alignment (vs. consensus) is key.
- Be forthright and respectful when giving and receiving feedback.
- Adapt communication style as needed.
- Address and resolve conflict in an open and honest manner.
- Remain flexible and open to new ideas and ambiguity, and encourage others to value change.
- Encourage new processes, systems, and technologies to better meet the needs of Thrivent and those we serve.
- Demonstrate support and excitement for change.
- When change is needed, help others understand why and how their work fits in with the vision for change.
- Ensure team goals and processes are aligned with Thrivent as a whole.
- Do what is right for our mission.
- Identify and focus your team on mission-critical strategies through the right business drivers.
- Use appropriate metrics and analysis to ensure the team is focused on the right business metrics.
- Ensure team members consider multiple factors when making decisions and creating solutions.
- Clarify and model priorities and behaviors that support initiatives and objectives.
- Help others understand expectations and timelines, effectively deploy resources, and ensure others have what they need to achieve goals.
- Make and keep commitments to achieve desired priorities, and hold your team and self, accountable for them.
- Drive to meet goals and deliver results.
- Continually evaluate your team's performance against critical business metrics; intervene to coach and address issues.
- Be a continuous learner, stay relevant, and actively seek feedback.
- Demonstrate commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Continuously enhance team capability through diverse talent recruiting and selection and by providing coaching and development support to direct reports.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback.
- Four year college degree strongly preferred.
- Professional designation or history of significant progress toward achievement preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of solid sales results (i.e. L/H/A, investments, etc).
- Experience in using the Thrivent Financial Advice Process, Salesforce and other Thrivent tools and systems (i.e. CAP, Illustrations, etc.) and ability and willingness to model, promote and demonstrate usage of tools as needed.
- Ability to utilize technology effectively to coach and train new FPs.
- Will and skill to commit to joint field work expectations.
- Experience in leading groups, specifically in presenting and facilitating in order to drive understanding of concepts and practices that lead to new FP success.
- FINRA Series 7, 63/65 or 66 required or obtained within 90 days.
- State insurance licensed and appointed in life, health and variable lines of authority or attained within 90 days.
- State securities registered and insurance licensed and appointed in all states that comprise the regional area.
- Once FRs are assigned to this position, this position will require securities registrations, state insurance licenses and appointments in all states where FRs are conducting business and receiving commissions.
- Satisfactory background check and clean compliance record.
- Flexibility to travel within the region (may include overnight) and conduct business during evening hours and must have own transportation.
Associated topics: analyze, business, business analytic, consult, financial analytic, financial reporting analyst, government, investment analyst, investment banking, valuation analyst