Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Peraton
We are seeking a SATCOM Communications Technician in New Boston Air Station , New Hampshire to support our Consolidated Air Force Space Command Modifications, Maintenance, and Operations (CAMMO) customer. This ia a Union Position.
What you'll do...
- You will be responsible for providing operations and maintenance (O&M) for satellite communications (SATCOM) terminals and related equipment
- You will perform equipment status monitoring and operations
- You will coordinate and respond to messages from interfacing organizations such as AFSCN operators, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), and Wideband Satellite Operations Centers (WSOC)
You'd be a great fit if ...
- You have the ability to t roubleshoot links, trunks, and circuits
- You can perform preventative maintenance on assigned equipment
- You possess the ability to t roubleshoot equipment problems and perform corrective maintenance
- You can provide support for equipment upgrades
- You are able to complete training and maintain personal training record
- You can assist in performing work center quality and Management Internal Control Toolset (MICT) inspections
- You will perform work center logistics activities to include forward supply point, bench stock inventories, and ordering
- You can perform work center information support activities including preparation of equipment status reports and Hazardous Condition (HAZCON) reports
- You can maintain work center technical publications
- You have an ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
- Have an Associate degree and 2 years relevant professional experience; or commensurate education and experience
- Have completed a satellite communications maintenance course or equivalent experience is preferred
- Have knowledge of AN/GSC-52, AN/UNC-28, or AN/FSC-78 earth terminals
- Are able to lift 50lbs to waist level unassisted; occasionally individual lifting in excess of the 50lbs is required as part of a two person lift for larger items. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment will be used
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.