Senior Manager, Strategy, Financial Advisor Services
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Vanguard
In this role, you will guide a team of strategy analysts in the division around key investigations to drive business growth. Through developing and leading dynamic strategy projects, and providing recommendations to senior leadership, you ll guide the investment portfolio and future growth of FAS
In this high-visibility role, you will:
- Participate in strategic planning for FAS, contributing insights derived from the synthesis of industry trends and competitive dynamics.
- Conduct efficient and thorough analyses of high-impact strategic issues confronting FAS. Prepare and present research, findings, and recommendations to senior management.
- Support development and operational plans to achieve departmental objectives. Work with leadership in the planning, development and execution of short and long-term goals.
- Keep abreast of industry, market and company trends, and partner with business leaders to understand key concerns and opportunities
- Lead your team to success by fostering an inclusive environment and managing to their diverse needs. Build a culture of engagement by providing personalized coaching, training, and motivation. Set standards, review performance, and provide feedback, all in order to develop staff while fostering a positive working environment that generates team building, creative thinking and crew development.
In this key role, you ll use your essential analytical, business, leadership and communication skills to build your own profile alongside ours. Together we re a powerful force for change and progress.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience (Master's degree or PhD preferred).
- Minimum of eight years business experience, including significant experience in strategy consulting and financial analysis.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills to senior management.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills.
We are Vanguard. Together, we re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose and that s how we ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let s make it count.
Vanguard s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: Do the right thing.
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.