Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Ameriprise Financial
Multi-advisor financial planning firm seeks an experienced investment professional to be our Investment Specialist. We are seeking a person who is an ambitious self-starter to join our growing financial planning and wealth management team. Our Investment Specialist must be energetic, have a strong focus on getting the details right, possess stellar organizational and communication skills, and value team collaboration.
The Investment Specialist will be responsible for the oversight and maintenance of client portfolios and the investing facet of the financial planning practice. The primary purposes of this role are to monitor and select investments based upon firm-driven asset allocation models, conduct trading in client accounts, perform research & reading to keep advisors aware of the investment environment, create portfolio commentaries, and limited involvement in select client meetings.
Attention to detail and follow-through are imperative to this role. The candidate should be familiar with a wide array of investment products (ex: mutual funds, ETFs, alternative products, structured notes, variable annuities, etc.), comfortable working with data/numbers, and should be very comfortable working with teammates or on their own. The candidate should have experience researching, selecting, maintaining and replacing investments/securities. This role does require managing simultaneous tasks with differing deadlines, so strong organizational skills as well as adaptability will help the candidate have success and enjoyment in this role.
- Investment selection and maintenance researching, due diligence, monitoring, and replacing.
- Trading of client accounts in mutual funds, ETFs, stocks, & bonds, including individual trades and account rebalancing.
- Interpretation and guidance of necessary adjustments to the clients portfolios.
- Supporting the Advisors conversation with the client. Examples may be articulating a new investment strategy or providing comments on rationale behind investment changes.
- Analysis of held-away accounts to provide talking points to win business.
- Ensuring all material goes through Compliance protocol, then subsequent filing in electronic storage system.
- Regular updates on benchmark performance, investment performance, economic current events, investment trends, technology updates and client education material.
- Creating investment commentaries to provide to clients.
- Meeting with investment company wholesalers.
- Coordinating with administrative staff in implementing portfolio changes and actions (ex: account rollovers, distribution requests, deposits/contributions, gifting securities, new investment strategies, etc.)
- Handling miscellaneous tasks/projects and assisting the firm as needed. Basically, being a good team player.
- Series 7 & 65/66 Licenses
- 2 years financial industry experience
- Very strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and detail-oriented skills
- Willing to accept direction and flexibility with investment strategy
- Comfortable working with numbers and data. Understanding the math of investment returns and cash-flow accounting.
- Computer savvy. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Time management; able to manage multiple projects with interruptions
- Ability to work towards solutions independently.
- Professional in attitude and dress
- Must pass a background check
- CFA, CIMA, APMA or another investment designation
- Experience with investment research software (ex: Morningstar, etc.)
- Experience with Thomson and Vestmark trading platforms
Location: Glen Allen, VA
Compensation: Salary/bonus ($60,000 to $80,000 commensurate with experience), PTO, health benefits, & 401(k)
If you re interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and letter of interest to this posting. Given the high demand for this position, we re only able to contact the most qualified candidates.
Associated topics: broker dealer, capital, dow jones, fiduciary, financial, fund, invest, security, sell, stock