Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Part Time)
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Le Meridien Philadelphia
# of Openings: 1
Category: Front Desk
Position Type: Regular Part-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Originally a YMCA, our hotel is housed in a 10-story Georgian revival-style structure with intriguing historical flair, located in the heart of the city's business district and less than one block from the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Striking features and architectural detail awaken the eye: a skylight allows for the play of natural light to our 75-foot central atrium courtyard, while an airy restaurant/bar with graceful archways and classic woodwork brings endless possibility.
Our associates receive a free hot meal per shift, discounted SEPTA passes, weekly treat carts, monthly General Manager Roundtables and a great referral program. The ability to travel expands as our associates can take advantage of the employee discounted travel rewards program. Come join our family at the Le Meridien Philadelphia!
Assist guests with arrival and departure from hotel, while providing positive guests experiences.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote HEI Hotels and Resorts and brand marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler's checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc.
- Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, and college degree preferred.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.