Director Of Revenue Management
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by The Westin Indianapolis
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, the city's conventions and business travelers keep us busy. Our 575 guestrooms and suites and 39,000 square feet of meeting space provides the opportunity for you to find a perfect fit for your career and continuous opportunities to advance within the property. The Westin Indianapolis offers subsided parking and bus passes for all employees, generous recognition and incentive programs, travel discounts, and a fun work environment. Come build your own career path at the Westin Indianapolis!
Optimize the hotel's Room and Catering revenue by working closely with the General Manager, Director of Sales and Front Office Manager to implement strategies. Monitor all distribution channels to ensure effective selling through inventory management, market mix and pricing. Communicates demand patterns to revenue team and assists with forecasting. Helps set strategies leading to increased market share.
- Update and manage selling strategies and product information in all available distribution channels and reservation sources (onsite, third-party reservation providers, call centers, websites, GDS, etc.). Optimize RevPAR by analyzing and forecasting demand and establishing effective selling strategies, oversell strategies, and optimal market mix.
- Work with the hotel General Manager, Director of Sales and hotel team to establish strategies to increase revenue of both Rooms and Catering. Work with the Regional Director of Revenue Management in implementing Revenue Management programs and new initiatives at the hotel.
- Conduct ongoing competitor price and product analyses to ensure proper rate positioning and product offering relative to competition. Actively participate in all pricing decisions for transient, group, and wholesale segments. Facilitate Weekly Sales and Revenue Strategy meetings.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Facilitate Daily and Weekly Sales and Revenue Strategy meetings
- Actively participate in budgeting and business planning for the Food and Beverage department including Catering, and any other revenue generating department
- Work with the hotel DOSM and hotel team to establish strategies to increase revenue of both rooms and catering
- Contribute to the financial success of the hotel via participation in annual budgeting and sales and marketing plan process
- Generate and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly revenue management reports and present results from all segments including internet channels
- Maintain historical statistical data from all distribution channels, in all market segments
- Continually monitor all pertinent travel related websites to ensure competitiveness in both availability and price
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Administration, Business, Statistics, Marketing, Finance or a relevant field of work preferred.
- Two years revenue management experience required.
- In-depth understanding of tools- spreadsheets, statistical methods for analyzing data.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to identify relevant data and use it to draw inferences with reference to impact on hotels revenues
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Ability to use PMS, reservation and revenue management systems to forecast and implement optimal strategies
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.