Sales Administrative Assistant
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Marriott La Jolla
Location: US-CA-La Jolla
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Surround yourself with modern comforts at the San Diego Marriott La Jolla. Our stylish hotel positions you near dazzling destinations including La Jolla Shores, Birch Aquarium, the University of California, San Diego and the beautiful new Westfield UTC shopping mall. Our associates enjoy daily free meals in our newly renovated associate cafeteria, and a monthly Town Hall/luncheon in our ballroom with special delights from our Chef and games and prizes. We also offer free parking on site and hotel discounts with all Marriott/Starwood brands worldwide. Come see us today to learn more!
Assist the Sales Team in the administrative functions required for effective hotel sales and management.
- Act as Liaison between Sales Manager(s) and clients in Sales Manager's absence. Take booking inquiry information via phone and prepare proper paperwork.
- Uses various computer word processing and other software packages to enter data, produce contracts, correspondence, forms, memorandum and other documents.
- Answer telephone and respond to caller inquiries speaking in a clear and pleasant manner. Exercise decision making skills to direct caller's request. Accurately record messages for staff and distribute the written messages to the staff members in a timely manner.
- Distribute documents to appropriate persons and locations to ensure prompt processing of time sensitive information by hotel and supplier staff. Transport documents weighing up to 10 pounds to offices, mailrooms and other locations throughout the hotel building. Retrieve documents from and place documents into proper receptacles located up to 6 feet high, such as mailboxes, file cabinets, etc.
- Handle individual reservations for VIP clients. Ensure that all arrangements, including upgrades, are handled properly, coordinating with other departments through oral and written instruction.
- Organize, file and retrieve documents in appropriate binders in order to maintain essential records used in the department operation.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Basic administrative knowledge such as business letters, formats and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to access and accurately input information into a computer using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to stand and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to set-up and maintain filing systems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.