Engineer (Preventative Maintenance for Meeting Space)
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by The Westin Beach Ft Lauderdale
Location: US-FL-Fort Lauderdale
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Escape to The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort and discover the "Venice of America." Spectacular views of the ocean or Intracoastal Waterway and the sound of lapping waves stimulate your senses, day and night. We are the best place to work on the beach according to our associates with an AOS score of 95%. We offer free employee lunch, free parking, and monetary incentives based off of Trip Advisor and GSS mentions. Come find your home away from home and join the Westin team today!
Maintain all building related systems and the building envelop to ensure the safety of hotel guests, associates and vendors. Ensure compliance with company Engineering Assumptions/Culture, preventative maintenance programs and procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, Mission Vision and Values as well as all Building/Fire/Health Department codes. Maintain building complex as energy efficiency as possible constantly looking for ways to save energy.
The following are specific contributions that must be developed during the training program in order to successfully complete the program and be placed in a hotel with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Assist with preventative maintenance and complete report work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc., to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality standard.
- Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis (e.g., ""room care"").
- Maintain meeting and banquet space areas, including Preventative Maintenance.
- Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures if needed.
- Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Operation of heavy machinery.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Vocational schooling, military training, certification and/or experience in building related trades required in 1 or more of the following areas: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and Carpentry.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Climbing, reading, standing, walking and routinely lifting 25 lbs to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to receive instructions and communicate progress of work assignments.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.