Cancer Screening Clinical Care Coordinator/Case Manager - RN
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by The Brooklyn Hospital Center
Position Title: Cancer Screening Clinical Care Coordinator/Case Manager - RN
Company Name: The Brooklyn Hospital Center
Entry Level: NO
Min Experience: 2-3 Years
REGISTERED NURSE - CANCER SCREENINGNon-Union Exempt Position | Bilingual Preferred
You have a gift for seeing the big picture.
You are someone with an unusual gift for seeing the big picture without compromising today's needs. Your analytical ability to plan the transition from where the patient is now to where they will need to go, is something that will be invaluable to us. As the Cancer Screening Clinical Care Coordinator/Case Manager, you will be responsible for the organization and delivery of care management and coordination services at Partner provider sites.
* Assist men and women enrolled in the program with obtaining follow-up services for abnormal breast, cervical, and colorectal findings
* Provide primary care to patients including assessment, treatment, care planning, education, advocacy and counseling
* Work to promote good health, prevent disease and help patients cope with their disease by providing emotional support
* Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and follow through on assignments
* Demonstrated leadership experience and an understanding of healthcare technology, general office equipment and supplies
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
* Current and valid NYS RN License
* A minimum of 2 years' related experience in a healthcare environment
* Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
* PC proficiency including the Internet, Word, Excel, spreadsheets and other databases
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to work with limited supervision
Our organization encourages communication among our employees. The most efficient way to create better outcomes is for employees to share, and to put forward various options. And then, for them to discuss, challenge and determine what makes the most sense for the patient. Our success is dependent on such interactions. If you are comfortable sharing your ideas, listening and participating with others, you will find our hospital a great fit.
Located in the heart of vibrant and historic Downtown Brooklyn, TBHC is a clinical affiliate of The Mount Sinai Hospital and an academic affiliate of The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. As Brooklyn's first hospital, TBHC is proud to be a part of an incredibly diverse community and is committed to Keeping Brooklyn Healthy.
Team members here enjoy a stimulating work setting along with competitive salaries and benefits. To apply, please go to and use Req. # 4556. We are an equal opportunity employer.