Registered Nurse - Obstetrics
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Augusta Health
- We are an 18 bed Birthing Suite where our nurses are cross trained to labor and delivery, mother/baby couplet care, and Level II nursery. Our unit functions under total patient care model, so each nurse develops and delivers individualized care to their patients in collaboration with the physicians and midwives. Our unit offers the distinct opportunity for nurses to lead the way in developing our delivery of care practices centered on best evidence based practice. Our nurses work closely with our physicians and midwives to enhance the care delivered at the bedside. Cross training in all areas of mother/baby care enhances the bedside nurse's experience so that each day offers the possibility of a new learning opportunity. In addition to working on the Birthing Suite, nurses can also cross train to work on our Pediatric Unit to develop an additional skill set. The Birthing Suite is a locked unit for the added safety of our patients and staff.
- We currently have a Full Time 7pm-7am Registered Nurse (RN) position open on our Obstetrics Unit. The Registered Nurse is accountable for the coordination of direct patient care, education, and serves as a leader of the patient care team. The RN will work closely with an interdisciplinary team to deliver high quality patient care.
- Come join the Augusta Health team located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley in Fishersville, VA. Augusta Health is an independent, community hospital recognized as one of Healthgrades' 50 Best Hospitals in America. Our mission is to promote the health and well-being of our community through access to excellent care. We build trust and peace of mind through our core values of patient-and community-centeredness, professionalism, excellence, and teamwork.
• Must be an RN licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia
• Must have a strong desire to work with a high-risk and complex patient population.
• Must have desire to be a member of a dynamic team of professionals devoted to the care of individuals with cancer or hematological disease/disorders.
• Must have solid critical thinking skills and a strong application of the nursing process.
• Must have effective adherence to infection control practices.
- • Insurance package including health, dental, and vision
• Retirement savings helping you to plan for your future
• Generous paid time off to promote work life balance
• Free onsite parking
• 24/7 armed security to ensure your safety
• Shift and weekend differentials
• Flexible scheduling
• Clinical ladder career path program
• Shared governance
• Tuition reimbursement
• Onsite child care
• Augusta Health Fitness Reimbursement Program
• Individualized orientation with dedicated preceptor
• Onsite credit union
• Employee discounts including the cafeteria, gift shop, pharmacy, and movie tickets
Some benefits of working at Augusta Health include: