Senior Internal Auditor
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Denso North America
DENSO is one of the largest global automotive suppliers of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of thermal, powertrain control, electronics and information and safety. From automated driving to hybrid and electric vehicle components, we're crafting the core technologies of modern mobility. We draw on the strengths of individual inventors who are joining together to become an unstoppable force for global good. With our North American headquarters located in Michigan, DENSO employs more than 24,000 people at 28 consolidated subsidiaries and 4 affiliates across the North American region. Worldwide, the company has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 38 countries and regions and employs more than 170,000 people. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2018, totaled US$48.1 billion.
Under moderate supervision, assists with the execution of more complex financial and operational audits. May coach or guide less experienced auditors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects and compiles information about the organization's systems and processes by reviewing manuals, policies, reports, financial statements and other written materials
- Maintains a database of collected materials
- Conducts more complex audits of organizational and functional activities and keeps records regarding audit activity
- Analyzes and reviews audit results and presents findings. Identifies and documents aspects of the organization's systems and processes that do not comply with laws, regulations and standards or do not comply with the organization's policies or operating standards
- Develops recommendations for changes to processes and systems that will minimize risk, improve performance and productivity, and ensure that the organization complies with all laws, regulations and standards
- Presents recommendations to Internal Audit management and/or business unit leaders
- Creates audit reports that summarize and conclude audits, incorporating information from both audits directly conducted and from audits performed by lower level auditors
- Interfaces with and assists outside auditors to expedite audits.
- Suggests processes improvements for area of responsibility and implements approved changes
- Manage SOX/JSOX process and Audits
- Coaches or guides less experienced auditors
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Requires a Bachelor degree in accounting or finance and 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of GAAP/IFRS
- CPA or CIA
- Previous Public Accounting experience
- Previous automotive experience
- Experience with SAP or Oracle