Driver Merchandiser - RCCB
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling
To efficiently deliver product to customers in a courteous, professional, compliant, safe and timely manner.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Abide by Company attendance policies.
- Safe and professional operation of a commercial motor vehicle, including but not limited to: Combination vehicles, straight trucks, or other vehicles such as pick-up trucks and service vans with a GVWR or GCWR over 10,001 lbs.
- Complete pre-trip, in-route, and post-trip inspections of equipment.
- Ability to operate vehicles in congested areas with limited space and potential obstacles.
- Comply with all applicable Department of Transportation regulations including but not limited: Controlled Substances, Commercial Driver Licensing, Driver Qualification, CMV Operation, Hours of Service; CSA inspections and compliance, Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance, etc.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-one-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the shift supervisor, co-workers and other departments on work-related issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record in compliance with Department of Transportation Regulations and Reyes Fleet Safety Policy.
- Utilize an on board computer to track hours of service.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Safely and accurately unload and deliver multi-temperature product to customers utilizing a variety of preferred methods including lift gates, carts, conveyers, hand trucks, and/or pallet jacks.
- Utilize barcode scanners at the point of delivery as required to verify delivered product.
- Pick up returned product as required.
- Accurately complete delivery and pick up paperwork.
- Maintain contact with Dispatch to receive delivery or pick up instructions or changes in scheduled deliveries or pick-ups.
- Maintain route plan as provided by Dispatch. Communicate to Dispatch any barriers to maintaining the route plan so any changes can be communicated to the customer.
- Maintain knowledge and comprehension of all applicable Department of Transportation regulations and Company policies through Company training and certifications.
- Observe all local, state and federal laws and ordinances.
- Abide by all Reyes Holdings Company policies and procedures.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be at least 21 years of age with 1 year of Class A commercial driving experience or equivalent driving experience in the military.
- You must maintain an acceptable driving record in compliance with DOT requirements.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience with a handheld ordering device, prior grocery story experience, including stocking handling, and local delivery and unloading experience.
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- Local delivery experience preferred.
- Prior grocery store and/or consumer products experience a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must have the ability to repetitively lift, pull and push 50+ pounds, reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend and reach.
- Frequently stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.