Nurse Practitioner Community Care Per Diem Phoenix, AZ 2500 Sign On Ex
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by UnitedHealth Group
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We're also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
Listen to our Optum NPs describe their work: NP Careers Overview Video
The Community Care Nurse Practitioner is responsible, as part of the patient care team, for the overall patient care management process. An advocate for the patients, the Nurse Practitioner will oversee and coordinate total care for the patients assigned in collaboration with the physician of record and patient care team. The Nurse Practitioner provides direct patient care in assisted living and in-home settings. The Nurse Practitioner will communicate and manage the patients' care across all care providers, family, and caregivers. The Nurse Practitioner will ensure that timely, patient-centered, appropriate evidence-based medicine is provided. The Nurse Practitioner will also conduct in-home, comprehensive one-time assessments for assigned members.
- The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for the total care of the assigned patient population in collaboration with the Patient Care Team (PCT), and/or Clinical Services Manager and community based physicians/providers
- Reviews the work of others including unlicensed caregivers, home health providers, and case managers as it related to patient care; develops innovative approaches to managing chronic and acute health care needs of patients, sought out as an expert in managing acute and chronic conditions, serves as a leader/ mentor
- Anticipates patient needs and proactively develops solutions to meet medical and social health needs, serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical health care issues, provides explanations and information related to health conditions and care needs
- This position is accountable for identifying and developing innovative actions to meet the needs of patients from both the health care and psychosocial / socioeconomic dimensions of care; as well as taking action for provision of services to meet the patient needs
- The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible as part of the PCT for patient assessments, risk management plan development, maintenance care, acute interventions within scope, ordering procedures when needed such as IV access and wound care (not all inclusive), documentation and patient education
- The Nurse Practitioner will share in the responsibilities and care of patients located in understaffed and rural/remote areas of the network and adjacent network(s) as determined through team planning
- The Nurse Practitioner will ensure that all pertinent and active medical conditions are documented in the medical record in a manner compliant with CMS, Optum and client requirements as well as diagnostic coding
- There is an after-hours on call team service, however the Nurse Practitioner may be required to do after hours visits based on patient need or acuity
- Active un-encumbered license to practice nursing in the state where the position is located or ability to obtain
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Nurse Practitioner Certification from either the ANCC or AANP or ability to obtain prior to employment or ability to obtain
- DEA license or eligibility required
- Geriatric, Adult Medicine or Family Medicine specialty preferred
- Minimum of 1 year Nurse Practitioner experience strongly preferred, but will take nursing career experience under consideration for new grads
- Experience working with Geriatric patients
- Understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and Health Plan benefit structures beneficial
- Experience working in a home-visit setting preferred
- Willingness to perform procedures for self and other provider's patients
- Basic knowledge of computers and cell phones
- Familiarity with ICD-10 and CPT-4 coding
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual a plus
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, NP, Long term care, geriatric, home health, primary care, acute rehab, rehabilitation, Phoenix, Arizona, AZ