Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Cath Lab FT Days
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
- 3 Interventional Suites, 4 bed pre/post op
- The cohesive team operates in a "Live Excellence Culture".
- Outstanding Physician/Nurse relationship.
- Experienced and supportive leadership team that afford the opportunity for you to learn and grow.
- Performs and documents total physical assessment for patients within unit Scope of Care.
- Analyzes pertinent data, communicates findings and documents information.
- Utilizes equipment and performs special procedures competently as related to unit Scope of Care.
- Organizes and prioritizes nursing care for a unit specific patient assignment.
- Administers all medications utilizing the 5 rights to medication administration.
- Demonstrates competency in patient teaching and discharge planning including family and/or significant other in Collaboration with multidisciplinary team members.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge pertinent to nursing practice in cardiac patients..
- Communicates effectively with peers, supervisors, ancillary department and other customers.
- Exhibits nursing characteristics of the Synergy Model as outlined in the Nursing Strategic Plan: Clinical Judgment/Advocacy/moral agency, Caring Practices, Collaboration, Systems thinking, Response to diversity, Clinical inquiry/innovator/evaluator, Facilitator of learning of patient/family educator
• Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discount Program
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Tuition Reimbursement & Loan Assistance
Required - Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
Preferred - BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN Program.
Required - Current licensure as an RN in the state of Virginia or valid Compact License
Required - Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider. ACLS within 6 months of hire date.
Preferred - Current certification in specialty field.
Required -Two years experience as RN in Critical Care, Telemetry, or Emergency Department
Preferred- One year Cardiac Cath Lab Holding experience