Grad RN Nurse Residency Med Surg Trauma Unit
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Chippenham Hospital
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for patient care? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare organization that values your professional growth? Come and join our 2019 StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
Why Our Employees Love Working at Chippenham Hospital:
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63 rd on Fortune's 500, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S. The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Level I Trauma Center , which means we provide fast, skilled care in life's most difficult moments.
HCA Nurse Residency Program (Medical Surgical Trauma Telemetry Unit)
StaRN Program (12 weeks total):
Our StaRN Program will provide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today's hospital environment. It will help you transition out of the classroom setting and onto the unit by providing the following training:
- 5 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 7 weeks preceptorship
- Certifications: ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI
- 9 month program factored into a full time position on the unit
- You will learn Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- You will collaborate with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project has an opportunity to gain recognition by corporate for further recognition
September 23rd, 2019
Additional Information about our Medical Surgical Trauma Telemetry Unit:
- You will work on a 37-private bed unit
- You will have patient populations including Medical, Surgical, Minor Trauma, Infectious Illnesses, Diabetes complications, Withdrawals, Post-surgical, Minor Intensive Care, Dialysis, etc.
- You will engage with doctors and staff who are focused on your continued growth and education- w e are dedicated to training you and excelling you in your career by providing outstanding foundational nursing skills.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment.
Intrigued? Don't wait, apply today. We are actively reviewing applications for motivated new grads who will help us raise the bar in patient care! Be a part of an organization that invests in you. HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues and we are committed to providing you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We would love to speak with you about this fantastic opportunity.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months- BSN preferred
- Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam
- Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required