Grad RN HCA Nurse Residency 2019 (Progressive Care Unit)
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by CJW Medical Center
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for patient care? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare organization? Come and join our 2019 StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
Why Our Employees Love Working for Johnston-Willis Hospital:
Johnston-Willis Hospital, a 292-bed Level III Trauma Center, is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune 500, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S. We are a proud recipient of an "A" hospital safety rating from The Leapfrog Group in 2016, Gold Seal of Approval, Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, as well as many other awards .
HCA Nurse Residency Program (Progressive Care Unit)
StaRN Program (14 Weeks Total):
Our StaRN Program will provide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today's hospital environment. It will help you transition out of the classroom setting and onto the unit by providing the following training:
- 6 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 8 weeks preceptorship
- Certifications: ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI
- 9 month program factored into a full time position on the unit
- You will learn Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- You will collaborate with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project has an opportunity to gain recognition by corporate for further recognition
Additional Information about our Progressive Care Unit:
- You will work in a 40 bed step-down unit equipped for cardiac monitoring and treatment
- Our team cares for patient populations ranging from acute renal failure, congestive heart failure, COPD exacerbation, NSTEMI, and other acute conditions
- We also receive overflow for Oncology, Neuro, Medical, Surgical, Women's Health, etc., which exposes you to a variety of patient care
- Our nurse/patient ratio is 1:4/5 with tech support
- If you are positive, energetic, hardworking, and willing to take on a challenge, then our team is the one for you!
"I believe in Johnston-Willis Hospital and what we are doing. We always do what's best for the patient. I make the commute every day because of the people I work with and the difference we are making very day." - Todd Campbell, Director
Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
WHAT BENEFITS DO WE OFFER?
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Loan Assistance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401K and more!
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months
- Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam
- Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required