Grad RN Nurse Residency Progressive Care Unit
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by John Randolph Medical Center
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for patient care? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare organization that values your professional growth? Come and join our 2019 StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
John Randolph Medical Center, a 147-bed acute care facility, is located in the historic, riverfront city of Hopewell, VA. John Randolph is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63 rd on Fortune's 500 , and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless! John Randolph Medical Center currently holds a Leapfrog Group "A" Patient Safety Score. Among other awards and certifications, the Joint Commission has awarded us the advanced primary stroke care center, acute myocardial infarction, joint replacement, and Top Performer on Key Quality Measures. Additionally, we've been awarded the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for excellence in total hip and knee programs.
HCA Nurse Residency Program (Progressive Care Unit)
StaRN Program (14 weeks total):
Our StaRN Program will provide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today's hospital environment. It will help you transition out of the classroom setting and onto the unit by providing the following training:
- 6 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 8 weeks preceptorship
- Certifications: ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI
You will collaborate with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- 9 month program factored into a full time position on the unit
- You will learn Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- You will collaborate with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project has an opportunity to gain recognition by corporate for further recognition
September 23rd, 2019
Additional Information about our Progressive Care Unit:
- You will work on a 9-bed unit sharing the floor with our ICU
- Our Progressive Care Unit is our ICU Stepdown where you will work with a close-knit team with a well-rounded skill set
- Our leadership is very supportive of your professional growth and loves to promote from within!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment.
Intrigued? Don't wait, apply today. We are actively reviewing applications for motivated new grads who will help us raise the bar in patient care! Be a part of an organization that invests in you. HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues and we are committed to providing you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We would love to speak with you about this fantastic opportunity.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months- BSN preferred
- Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam
- Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required