Registered Nurse-Psychiatric Senior Transitions
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by LewisGale Hospital Alleghany
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse:
-Demonstrates accountability for essential clinical knowledge to positively affect patient outcomes within the scope of nursing practice while assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating care.
-Demonstrates strong and accurate clinical judgment and competent or expert nursing skills while following established policies including those related to confidentiality (written, verbal, electronic and digital).
-Documents effectively, succinctly, and timely according to organizational policy.
-Incorporates time management and prioritizes for efficiency and productivity.
-Follows LGHA process for dispensing of medications and narcotic control and employs clinical judgment related to medication administration.
-Delegates only those tasks for which she or he believes the other health team member has the knowledge and skill to perform, taking into consideration training, cultural competence, experience, and facility/agency policies and procedures.
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Matching 401K
- Low Deductibles for Health, Vision, and Dental
- Team Culture
- Passion for patient care
- Career Advancement through Clinical Ladder
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Assistance Program ($1,800/calendar year)