Registered Nurse RN General Adult Unit
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Chippenham Hospital
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
- Offering of care continuum - crisis team on site, inpatient/acute care for all ages, partial hospitalization for adolescents/adults
- Use of audiovisual technology to offer Behavioral Health Needs assessments to HCA Virginia's Emergency Departments
- Partnership with the community in offering a Crisis Triage Center
- Injection of clinical pathways in programming
- Diverse array of therapeutic offerings - yoga, 12 step support, NAMI peer support, spiritual, pet therapy, gym on site, and more
- Quality focus with outcome measurements injected into clinical programming
- Four Child Psychiatrists
- Host site for Behavioral Health clinical nursing rotations
- Provide therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical principles and values.
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision.
- Work closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- Communicate effectively and maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff.
- Evaluate patient's signs and symptoms; and record and report results.
- Set priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
- Collaborate with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment and assist physician during treatment/examination of patient and process orders.
- Makes appropriate and timely notification to physicians on patient condition changes.
- Diploma or Associates Degree from an accredited nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- 1 year of nursing experience in a hospital or behavioral health setting (preferred)
- Full Time
- Mixed Shifts
- Weekend & Holiday Rotations
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family's needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.