Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room (OR)/Surgery - Full Time Nights
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Terre Haute Regional Hospital
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Operating Room (OR)/Surgery Registered Nurse (RN) - Full Time Nights, 36 hours per week, 7p-7:30a, No Call!
Terre Haute Regional Hospital (THRH) is a 278-bed Level II Trauma Center. Regional is the only full-service hospital in the area accredited by The Join Commission and has provided quality care for the local community for 135 years. We offer cardiovascular services, including open-heart and cardiac catheterization; oncology services, which include radiation therapy and outpatient infusion' labor and delivery, including a neonatal intensive care unit; inpatient mental health unit; and other specialized care areas, including intensive care and inpatient rehabilitation units.
Why Join Our Operating Room/Surgery Team?
- 24/7 Trauma Surgical Services supporting Level II Trauma Center
- 9 Main OR Suites
- Procedures Performed: trauma related, orthopedic, neuro, urological, ENT, OB-GYN, Open Heart, GI, thoracic, oncology, ophthalmic, vascular and general surgery
- daVinci Robot (SI)
- Close-knit and supportive team focused on promoting a positive patient experience
- Leaders on this unit have passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, motivating excellence in practice and fostering educational opportunities
Managing the nursing care of surgical patients in the Operating Room in accordance with AORN Preoperative Standards and Recommended Practices and follows the established Policies set by Terre Haute Regional Hospital Healthcare Organization. Orientating and mentoring new staff members and students. Schedule patients for surgery. Assist with flow of surgery schedule. Assume charge duties as needed.
E ssential educational/licensure, skills and experience:
- Current State of Indiana Registered Nurse License
- Current certification in Basic Life Support
- Must be ACLS Certified within (nine) months of employment
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic nursing skills including phlebotomy
- Acquired knowledge and skills to give age appropriate care in the surgical patient care settings
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Certifications: BLS, ACLS, and RN must be maintained throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Valued but not required educational/licensure, skills and experience:
We value YOU and your future!
- We offer multiple health insurance plan options as well as dental and vision coverage and a company paid term life insurance policy.
- You will be eligible for our tremendous education assistance programs: Up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement
- Keeping your work/life balance in mind, we offer the flexibility of self-scheduling and a robust Paid Time Off accrual.
- What are your future retirement plans? HCA also provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Engage in growing your talent and gain leadership skills through our Charge Nurse and Preceptor courses. Bonuses for receiving clinical certifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.