Registered Nurse RN Labor and Delivery FT Nights
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Portsmouth Regional Hospital
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Labor and Delivery department. Submit your application today!
Portsmouth Regional is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area's largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Most recently, we were named One of America's Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Healthgrades. Most recently, we received the Leapfrog 'A' Hospital Safety Grade .
Why We Love Working at Portsmouth Regional Hospital
Full Time Nights (Rotating Weekends)
Additional Information about our Labor & Delivery Unit:
- Five labor bed unit with Eight couplet rooms for mother and baby
- Level II nursery for acute infant stabilization
- Five pediatric and women's health beds
- On average we delivery 450 babies per year, with 23% being delivered by C-Section
- A focus on quality, with perinatal safety nurse and educator on staff
- We offer area leading Doula services as well as: Massage therapy, aroma therapy, and Reiki services for all patients
- Voted " Best Place to Have a Baby " in the Seacoast, two years running (2017 & 2018)
- Hi-tech Bluetooth and wireless monitoring, called Novii , for top level care
- Support for nurses to receive fetal monitoring certification within two years and encourage other areas of growth for their team
Education Required and/or Preferred:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse License in New Hampshire or compact state
- NRP certification within first year of hire
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Starting in 2019, for full time and part time employees, we will be offering an industry leading Student Loan Assistance Program!
- 1 to 3 years of RN experience in Maternity/Labor & Delivery
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."