Registered Nurse RN Trauma Step Down
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Chippenham Hospital
DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) with a passion for providing excellent nursing care to achieve the best outcomes for your medical, surgical and trauma patients? Then apply now to join CJW's NEW Trauma Step Down Unit at Chippenham Hospital.
As one of the largest facilities in the nation's largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a Provisional Level I Trauma Center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. As a Provisional Level I Trauma Center, we provide fast, skilled care in life's most difficult moments.
- 63 rd on Fortune's 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named A World's Most Ethical Company for 10 consecutive years by Ethisphere for 10 consecutive years
- Chippenham Hospital's Newest Unit!
- 12 bed Medical Surgical Trauma Step Down
- "Hospital of the Future" with state of the art electronic my care boards
- Surgical Patients (spine, hip, stomach)
- Medical Patients (DKA insulin drips, asthma, sepsis, respiratory failure, heart failure)
- Trauma Patients (MVC, falls, rib fractures, penetrating traumas - ex. gunshot wounds/stabbings, neuro trauma
- Provisional Level I Trauma Certification, ACS certified center
- Unit Based Shared Governance and Social Committee shared MSTICU
- Flexible Scheduling with Self-Schedule Model
- Progressive Leadership Model
- Substantial Career Growth Opportunities
- TCAR Trauma Care After Resuscitation, Surgical Critical Care Conference, Nursing Grand Rounds, Trauma Grand Rounds
What Sets Us Apart: "Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do." (Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.) We strive to provide holistic service to our patients! Patients come to the stepdown to progress in their care. They may have high mobility needs or need pulmonary toileting frequent to prevent them from getting secondary injuries. We have an engaged interdisciplinary team who help make this happen. We have a leadership team who will support you and a team that is here to get people well! We are looking for motivated staff who love a family environment.
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
- Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from a school of professional nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS certification (preferred)
- 1 year of nursing experience, ideally in an acute care environment (preferred)
- Full Time
- 12 hour shifts (rotating) Days 7am to 7pm, Nights 7pm to 7am
- 72 hours every pay period (every two weeks)
- Weekend & Holiday Rotations
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (*PRNs eligible for these)
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement)
- Student Loan Assistance Program (up to $150 per month)
- Exciting Voluntary Benefit Options