Registered Nurse 4th Flr Med/Surg Nights
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Frankfort Regional Medical Center
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
FRMC is one of only four Level III Trauma Centers in Kentucky, and has received Chest Pain Center Accreditation with PCI by the Society of Chest Pain Centers - setting the standard for excellence in emergency heart care. Frankfort Regional Medical Center attained Magnet® recognition again in May 2016. Receiving Magnet recognition for the second time is a great achievement for Frankfort Regional Medical Center, as it continues to proudly belong to the global community of Magnet-recognized organizations. Just 430 U.S. health care organizations out of over 6,300 U.S. hospitals have achieved Magnet recognition.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse License in Kentucky
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- 1 year of experience in area of clinical expertise to which applying (preferred