Graduate Engineer Exterior Body Design
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Toyota Motor Europe
TOYOTA is one of the world's largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota's European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: "KAIZEN" and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer's satisfaction.
For TME Graduate positions we are t argeting recent University Graduates (less than 18 months of experience excluding internships)
We offer :
- P ermanent contract
- Daily position (as described down below) + 18-months training program (on top of the daily job)
- On the job training
- Classroom training (Toyota Way, Toyota Production System…)
- Experiential training (5-6 weeks Line training at an European Manufacturing Company…)
- Evolution towards the "Specialist" grade after graduation
- A dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits / flexible working hours).
Place of employment
Toyota European R&D centre in Zaventem (Belgium)
• Good feeling with mechanisms.
• Degree in Engineering or Industrial Design
• Fluent in English.
• Good communication skills.
• Good team work skills.
• Travel mobility required.
• Highly motivated and with challenge spirit.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- have strong planning and organizing skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others
- have excellent communication skills
- customer mindset
Toyota Motor Europe R&D Centre is responsible for:
• Developing vehicles and making concept proposal for EU core models
• Reflecting EU technology to Toyota Vehicles timely by utilizing location advantage and strong network with EU partners
Body Division Exterior Design Engineering is responsible for Planning & Design of Upper Body Shell and Exterior parts, Function parts and Lamps for European Vehicles from concept phase to serial production.
• Design and develop parts in order to achieve performance, quality and cost targets.
• Investigate style feasibility and co-operate with Styling department in order to secure feasibility.
• Creation of 3D CAD model and production drawing.
• Co-operate with suppliers and Toyota production engineering department to secure production feasibility of parts.
• Secure regulation compliance and collaborate with Homologation department.
• Support plant production and quality engineers to solve the concerns raised during production trials.
• Benchmark of competitor solutions.
• Design and development of Upper Body Shell and exterior parts, Function parts and lamp.