Ultrasound/Vascular Technologist I - Houston Methodist The Woodlands H
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Houston Methodist
Work Shift: NIGHT
Work Week: Varies, as needed
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital is seeking an experienced Ultrasound/Vascular Technologist to work PRN (varied shifts and weekends) in our awesome Imaging department.
Completes a variety of routine diagnostic Ultrasound procedures to include common and special Ultrasound exams of moderate complexity to include vascular ultrasound exams.
Provides direct assistance to physicians with all diagnostic / special procedures.
Supports unit leadership and has responsibility to participate in unit and hospital initiatives, and possibly contribute to service line or hospital wide activities.
- 0 years, with one year experience as an Ultrasound Technologist highly preferred.
- Graduate of a CAAHEP (Commission of Accreditated Allied Health Programs) approved Ultrasound Program or successful completion of ARDMS Registry exam
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Must have 1 of the following credentials:
- American Registry for Diagnostic Sonography (ARDMS- OB)
- American Registry for Diagnostic Sonography (ARDMS- AB)
- American Registry for Diagnostic Sonography (ARDMS- BR), Breast (BR) credential earned prior to June 30, 2010 will be accepted as referenced in ACR guidelines
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Sonography (ARRT (S))
- Must obtain Vascular Registry by the end of the month following 18 months of hire/transfer date. Registry options include: ARRT (VS), CCI (RVS) and ARDMS (RVT)
- American Heart Association BLS
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Must be able to perform skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable.
Basic computer skills.
Must be able to write and speak effectively in English.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist The Woodlands opened on June 26, 2017 as the eighth hospital in the Houston Methodist system. This new 187-bed, 470,000-square-foot, full-service, acute care hospital offers many of the same services as our flagship hospital in the Texas Medical Center. Also on the $380 million hospital campus, located at the intersection of I-45 and TX 242, is a medical office building, which opened in March 2016. Medical Office Building 1 includes a breast care center, cancer center & infusion center, orthopedics & sports medicine, rehabilitation services, wellness services, and an outpatient laboratory in addition to multi-specialty physician practices. A second medical office building and 785-car parking garage opened March 2018.