Inpatient / IV Pharmacy Technician
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Rx relief
Inpatient / IV Pharmacy Technician
Join one of the nation's leading pharmacist placement firms! Right now, Rx relief has a great opportunity for an experienced Inpatient / IV Pharmacy Technician. Voted Best of Staffing by both clients and talent, we are a specialty staffing company providing supplemental pharmacy professionals for all pharmacy practice settings. We have an opening for an Inpatient / IV Pharmacy Technician in the Los Angeles, CA area. As a member of our team, you'll enjoy a customized approach to your career needs as well as comprehensive benefits! Join our dynamic team, apply today!
- Gathering all orders put in - gather all clean room medications and prep for clean room according to USP 797/800 compliance
- Compounding IV's, TPN's, Satellite's, some chemotherapy compounding
- IV preparation and delivery, including IV compounding and narcotic IV compounding
- Aseptically prepares all sterile admixture requests for patients upon receipt of physician orders from clinical and infusion centers.
- Quality control
- Receiving, verifying and stocking inventory, cleaning engagement in shipping process including package prep for shipment
- Orders and maintains appropriate stock levels of IV drugs and supplies in compliance with contracts. Assists with the proper accounting and transfer of IV pharmaceuticals to infusion therapy and oncology cost centers.
- Working closely with other technicians, pharmacists, and clinical staff to fill prescribed medication orders and ensure proper distribution and administration in an inpatient setting
- Restocking and management of medication dispensing machines
- Receiving written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate
- Establishing patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients. Maintains patient profile records and prescription files where appropriate. Keeps pharmacist updated of patient problems or problems in the operation of the service.
- Maintaining proper storage and security conditions for drugs
- Answering telephones, responding to questions or requests
- Pre-packing bulk medicines, filling bottles with prescribed medications, and typing and affixing labels
- Sanitizes IV room, equipment and hood. Cleaning and helping to maintain and sterilize equipment or work areas according to appropriate methods. Carries out various quality assurance procedures including repairs and inspection, including biological laboratory testing.
- Maintains appropriate logs and cleaning records of biomedical - pumps - equipment. Arranges for preventative maintenance and inspection.
- Receiving and storing incoming supplies, verifying quantities against invoices, checking for outdated medications in current inventory, and informing supervisors of stock needs and shortages
- Works well with oncology and infusion center personnel to identify special needs and in drugs and IV medical supplies.
- Assembles supplies and arranges for proper delivery or pickup of IV, chemo, and home infusion medications and supplies.
- Performs special duties and projects as required.
- Assisting the pharmacist in all day-to-day Inpatient duties
Do you have recent Inpatient / IV Pharmacy Technician experience? If so, this is the position for you! Apply Today!
Specific Inpatient / IV Pharmacy Technician requirements:
- Area: Must be able to work in the Los Angeles, CA area
- Licensure Requirements: Must have valid, open and active California license.
- Years of Experience: Must have 1 year experience in an inpatient setting
- Schedule: Weekdays; weekends
- Length of Assignment: Temporary to Permanent
- Pay: Depending on Experience
- Background/ Drug Requirements: Must be able to pass a drug, health, and background screening
At Rx relief, we are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Health Insurance with Prescription coverage
- 401(k) and deferred compensation programs
- Cafeteria Plans
- Free CE
- Low-cost group health benefits for Part-Time Associates
Compensation / Pay Rate (Up to): Depending on Experience