Customer Service Professional
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Ameriprise Financial
Leverage your best in class customer service skills as first point of contact for RiverSource customers including: advisors, clients, and business partners as a Customer Service Professional! With our leadership team supporting you working a schedule varying from 7am-6pm Monday-Friday, you'll learn how to research and respond to questions regarding service issues, policies, procedures, and account information over the phone in a fast paced and fun environment. Additionally, we'll support your professional development through a company sponsored training program Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:30pm to pass the FINRA SIE Exam and attain a FINRA Series 6 license!
• Maintain an appropriate study schedule and discipline in preparation for the FINRA SIE and Series 6 licensing exams.
• Serves as first customer point of contact regarding routine service issues, assist in troubleshooting issues, and enter service requests into appropriate systems for resolution by appropriate service partners. Ensure that all pertinent information is gathered and accurately entered to ensure prompt resolution. Receives guidance from Coaches on a frequent basis to process these requests.
• Continue to develop understanding of systems and procedures to educate clients and advisors on newly-enacted services, as they arise, to facilitate efficient self-service. Serve as a key resource for customers on company or product policies and systems and troubleshoot simple usability issues raised by customers. Refer more complex issues to appropriate service partners.
• Respond directly to information requests initiated by customers utilizing a variety of systems. Provide information to clients, advisors, or other relationship partners, and work with appropriate internal partners to resolve any outstanding question(s). May process routine service transactions, or resolve account service casework which have been initiated by web-based or paper forms utilizing computer applications in a timely manner in order to meet or exceed service goals.
• Interact directly with customers, predominately via a high-volume, in-bound or out-bound phone queue, to provide accurate and immediate solutions to routine transaction and service requests. Utilize appropriate internal computer applications and enter all information in the appropriate system for tracking and archival purposes.
• We institute a 'Dress for your Day' dress code policy. It is intended to be relaxed when employees have a workday that does not involve meetings with clients, vendors, company executives, or the like, the expectation is that employees will nevertheless wear clothing appropriate for the nature of our business and the type of work performed.
• High School Degree or Equivalent.
• Excellent customer service skills that include the ability to explain complex policies or concepts in a straightforward, easy-to-understand manner.
• Strong written and spoken communication skills.
• Willingness to focus on the licensing study expectations between the hours of 8:00am-4:30pm Monday through Friday.
• Demonstrated skill troubleshooting and identifying root causes and resolving issues.
• Demonstrated ability managing multiple priorities in a faced paced environment.
• Detail oriented with strong organization skills.
• Ability to work independently during working hours that can vary between 7am-6pm Monday through Friday.
• Active Series 6 or ability to obtain within 60 days. (Obtaining the Series 6 may include passing the Securities Industry Essentials exam plus the Series 6 top-off exam).