Senior UX Designer - CX Journey Lab
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Vanguard
Make investing intuitive through the user experience
Doing the right thing for investors is what we're all about at Vanguard, and that includes giving them the best possible user experience (UX). In a business like ours, which is built around technology, the quality of online interactions is essential. As a Senior Designer, you'll expertly own the design of mid- to large-scale projects, as well as support program-level initiatives. Here, you'll play a central role in our success-and our investors' success. Make every interaction count.
As the Senior UX Designer will be work as an integral part of a Journey Lab team. Our stacked agile teams consist of a Journey Owner, UX Strategist, Scrum Master, Developers, Analysts, UX Researcher and a Writer and will lead the interaction design (web, mobile, applications) of the Journey Lab. They will define the strategy and design direction, and create a highly engaging, valued experience for Vanguard clients/prospects.
In this role, you will
- Take the lead in UX strategy and design direction with the goal of continually improving the experience of our users.
- Craft exceptional solutions across multiple channels to meet the diverse needs of our investors.
- Work in partnership with cross-divisional teams and business leaders to deliver designs, prototypes and documentation, informed by user response.
- Use a variety of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques, as well as client feedback, to understand and continually improve the client experience.
- Keep up to speed with developments in technology and devices to ensure our interactive solutions meet user demand and work across all platforms.
A design experience that delivers
As a Senior UX Designer at Vanguard, we'll look to you to champion dynamic user experiences and use your expertise to deliver them. You'll provide input on every aspect of UX, from research and concept to design and information architectures. That means a precise eye for detail, combined with creativity, compassion and problem-solving abilities. From story-telling to visualization, you'll need excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to achieve agreement with partners and stakeholders. Your impact will reach far beyond our clients and our business to set new standards for the whole industry.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent training and experience in a creative or technical field).
- At least five years of industry/field-specific experience, including interactive web design.
- Advanced knowledge in user-centered design principles, visual design, user behavior and interactions.
- Advanced knowledge in all areas of user experience design (information architecture, interaction design, visual design, prototype engineering, content, user experience).
Portfolio or work samples preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.