LPN-CLINIC Part time
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Mercy Medical Center
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 48
Primary Location: IA > CENTERVILLE > MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
- Demonstrates ability to recognize and assess emergency needs of patients and initiate appropriate emergency procedures as needed.
- Demonstrates current level of knowledge of various payor regulations by functioning within those guidelines.
- Acts to facilitate interdisciplinary communication. Utilizes other members of the healthcare team in assessing the patient and analysis patient data. Assesses learning needs of the patient and significant others. Gives accurate and complete information to patient and family.
- Evaluates patient and family understanding of treatment plan and/or instructions.
- Assists with variety of procedures, exams and/or operation of diagnostic equipment as assigned.
- Maintains appropriate aseptic technique for preparation, procedures and medications administered.
- Accurately and legibly documents all patient interactions in patient record.
- Reports results and pertinent information to patients and healthcare team members.
- Applies professional skills in the provision of preventive health maintenance and treatment of ill and injured patients.
- Function within limitations or scope of license.
- Work includes cross coverage in other clinic areas as needed.
- Maintains supply inventory and stocks supplies in various work areas.
- Responsible for following equipment maintenance protocol, identifying problems, and coordinating appropriate repairs.
- Operates various office machines (i.e. fax, copier, phone and computer).
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities as appropriate.
- Maintains orderly, neat appearance of work area.
- Misc. office duties (i.e. copying, filing, retrieval of films/medical records)
- Assists with nursing chart audits.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: Mercy Medical Center