Open Heart Surgical Tech FT Days $10K Bonus Potential Princeton BMC
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Tenet
Specializing in Open Heart Surgery to assist and provide technical skills to surgeons, anesthesia personnel, registered nurses and Open Heart operating room staff. To assist in ensuring cleanliness and organization in the operating room.
- The Surgical Technician is responsible for aseptic technique, setting up the required equipment, instrumentation and sterile supplies as needed for their assigned cases.
- Scrubbing and passing instruments and equipment during surgical procedures.
- Pulling cases as needed, breaking down cases at the end of the procedure, sets up operating room and supplies needed for day/following days schedule.
- Available for call on an assigned/ scheduled basis as required by unit need.
- When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required: Graduate from an accredited Surgical Technician Training Program or Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing Program approved by the Alabama Board of Nursing.Experience
Required: Three (3) years of open heart surgical scrub experience required. Work experience may substitute for minimum education requirement.Certifications
Required: BLS. Currently licensed as a Practical Nurse in the State of Alabama if graduate from a Licensed Practical Nurse Program.
Preferred: Surgical Technology Certification
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.