Territory Manager - National Accounts
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Sentry
Sentry is seeking an experienced self-motivated and results driven individual to fulfill a highly skilled position as a Territory Manager for our National Accounts Division. As the Territory Manager for Sentry, you'll work with brokers and agents in a defined territory to create Sentry awareness and generate new business submissions. You'll be the team leader in the sales of loss sensitive casualty business to National Account clients with premiums in excess of $500,000.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Territory Manager will be responsible for all broker and client relationships in the territory, consisting of Wisconsin and Michigan. The candidate will reside in the territory, and travel regularly to meet with brokers, clients and prospects. As the team leader you'll work closely with our Underwriting associates in order to obtain/retain large individual commercial accounts.
• Solicit accounts through selected brokers or in response to inquiries from prospective clients.
• Work with Underwriting, Loss Control, and Claims to determine acceptability of the risk and services needed.
• Serve as the primary contact with assigned accounts and their brokers.
• Collaborate with the appropriate functional units to provide exceptional service to your accounts.
• Deliver and present proposals to brokers and prospective clients and discuss Sentry advantages and differentiators.
WHAT IT TAKES
In order to be eligible for this elite opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor's degree and equivalent work experience with National Accounts Casualty business.
• Experience with Sales and Underwriting of large Risk Management type accounts is preferred.
• 5-8 years of experience with an insurance carrier, commercial agency or brokerage preferred.
• Previous technical insurance experience, preferably in sales and/or underwriting.
• Highly motivated self-starter with the drive to be a top performer.
• Exceptional communication, organization and selling skills.
• Ability to travel extensively and have a valid driver's license and ability to have and maintain an acceptable motor vehicle report.
• Required to have primary residence within your sales territory.
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you'll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
HOW YOU'LL APPLY
If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
WHO YOU'LL WANT TO CONTACT
All of us at Sentry-more than 4,000 associates-have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.