Study Technician (Research Assistant) Pathology - $18/hr!
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Covance
Interested in Dissection? Trimming Tissues? Embedding Tissues? Microtomy? Tissue Staining? Histology? We have a great opportunity for a Study Technician (Research Assistant) in our Pathology Department at our Madison, WI lab. Covance's work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on millions of lives worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work and help improve patients' lives while growing your career.
In this role, you will perform basic necropsy or histology tasks on a variety of laboratory animals in compliance with the appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), and regulatory guidelines. You will also monitor animal health and welfare in compliance with the Animal Health and Welfare Act and help maintain facilities for Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) compliance.
Hourly Rate: $18.00
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trim wet tissues.
- Embed tissues into paraffin.
- Tissue staining techniques.
- Performs basic duties of necropsy and/ or basic duties of histology.
- Report all animal care concerns and become involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences, or Associate Degree in Histology, Laboratory Animals Technology or Veterinary Technology; experience may substitute for education.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates teamwork and leadership skills.
- Data documentation and QC (Quality Control) skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- No experience required.
Covance is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.