Associate Project Manager
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Delaware North
This position will be based out of Delaware North's new global headquarters, a state-of-the-art, 12-story, mixed-use building in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. The headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office design.The Opportunity
The Associate Project Manager works with the leader of the PMO to establish appropriate goals related to proper project execution, and is responsible for assisting in coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of technology projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, IT standards and compliance, IT architecture and IT department commitments. This includes partnering with a wide variety of business units and programs. Create and maintain an information technology project plan that communicates tasks, milestone dates, status updates and assisting in resource allocation. Track, monitor and record validation from project teams in creating test plans and testing efforts. Duties may require extended hours or some travel in support of high priority or strategic project initiatives.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of projects that may include POS implementations, components of new construction and facility additional, and enterprise software installation. Define the responsibilities of parties involved in the project including customers, management, IT management, project team, vendors and others affected by the project. Leverage existing enterprise investments as first solutions of choice rather than one-off solutions. Facilitate the definition and Business and IT approval of project scope, cost and schedule.
- Manage project budget and internal project invoicing processes.
- Conduct regular Risk Analysis reviews, identify contingency actions and develop risk plan
- Execute project initiatives driving successful project completion including organizing and conducting project team meetings, project kick-off meetings and setting expectations related team meetings with sub-teams.
- Partner and consult with the Applications, Infrastructure and Program Management office to ensure proper transition of solutions.
- Facilitate initiative related issues and problems driving to proper close out
- Facilitate and ensure communications across the IT organization and our inter business partners within the subsidiaries
- Identify, track, monitor, escalate and communicate project-related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that may arise during the implementation of IT projects. Facilitates implementation and communication for solutions with the appropriate customer(s).
- Coordinate assigned internal and external resources.
- We are seeking a minimum Associate's degree, however a 4 year degree in Business or IT is preferred. Certification in Six Sigma / Lean, ITIL, or Project Management preferred.
- Must have at least 1 year of project management experience in an IT setting and be able to demonstrate basic project management competencies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Proficiency in Confluence and Jira, as well as demonstrated ability to follow and enforce change management processes and documentation.
- This position is based in Buffalo, NY at our Global Headquarters, but may be required to travel as project demands indicate.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.