Lead Accountant, Financial Reporting
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Delaware North
This position will be based out of Delaware North's new global headquarters, a state-of-the-art, 12-story, mixed-use building in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. The headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office design.
In this role, the candidate will prepare Delaware North's consolidated financial statements and related Senior executive reporting; facilitate the external audit of Delaware North's and each of its subsidiaries; assist in the development and implementation of procedures that improve financial compliance efforts; various other financial functions. Communicate and review issues and deliverables with Senior corporate and subsidiary management.
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements in accordance with GAAP to include issuance of monthly financial results to senior management and quarterly reports for Delaware North's Board of Directors, preparation of the balance sheet, GAAP income statement, operational earnings statement, and cash flow statements. Perform month-end consolidation procedures, including preparation of GL entries, monthly consolidation entries, intercompany account reconciliation and translation adjustment, balance sheet and income statement review, cash flow statement preparation and ensure adequate supporting documentation is prepared and maintained.
- Prepare debt compliance package of Delaware North's Restricted Group for lenders to include issuance of quarterly and annual Delaware North Restricted Group and Consolidated financial statements, preparation of detailed schedules and financial ratio calculations indicating compliance with debt agreements.
- Assist the department manager in coordinating the external audits of Delaware North, each of its subsidiaries through preparation of full financial statements, footnote disclosure and related supporting schedules, preparation of detailed impairment schedule in order to review and identify any units with potentially impaired assets on their books.
- Support the accounting for the company's master insurance plan, including review annual allocation rate changes for insurance policies, including workers compensation, general liability, and auto before and after entry into PeopleSoft. Review insurance policy valuations and reserves, including coordination of annual actuarial reporting with HR and review of actuarial reports for valuation of plan liabilities and assets and comparison to current reserve amounts.
- Support Financial Compliance and Assurance. Assist in developing and implementing processes that monitor compliance with Delaware North's financial policies and procedures and assist in remediation of noted deficiencies. Coordinate the annual review of accounting policies and procedures, including the review of unit responses and communication with Senior management
- Other reporting preparation and review, including review the financial results and presentation for Delaware North's Board of Directors and Shareholder meetings in conjunction with FP&A. Prepare ad hoc and detailed schedules to assist with the preparation of federal and state tax return filings. Preparation of annual gross revenue file to be used in marketing initiatives
- Special projects as assigned.
Required Skills, Education & Experience
- Minimum 4 year degree in accounting plus 4 years of general accounting or audit experience required; CPA highly preferred.
- At least 1 year of public accounting experience required.
- Independent problem solving and analytical abilities coupled with good troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of accounting policies and procedures required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure toward the goal of timely and accurate completion of assigned tasks.
- Strong computer skills required with ability to independently learn automated program functionality. Proficiency in MS Excel required.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- The ideal candidate is an ambitious self-starter eager to take on learn and take on new challenges.
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.