Human Resources Generalist
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Delaware North
GEM (Gaming & Entertainment Management) is one of the largest video gaming terminal operators in Illinois and part of the Delaware North family, a global leader in hospitality that prides itself on successful partnerships. We work with your brand to achieve success.The Opportunity
Responsible for overall HR management/administration at the unit level, specifically supporting non-exempt workforce of over 300+ employees; including recruiting, hiring, training, coaching/counseling, employee relations, payroll and terminations.
Responsible for ensuring compliance with federal and state employment regulations, as well as company policies and procedures; including maintenance of personnel files and internal auditing.
- Recruiting & Staffing- work with management to determine staffing needs; identify/maintain recruitment sources for qualified pool of non-exempt applicants; develop/maintain non-exempt job descriptions; coordinate necessary advertising and job fairs to interview and hire non-exempt staff for the operation; oversee all pre-employment testing and new hire paperwork for all non-exempt employees
- Employee Relations - Develop/implement employee incentives/reward programs to meet unit goals; handle all employee relations matters/complaints, including conducting investigations and complaint resolution
- Training - coordinate new-hire and re-hire orientations and required training for all staff
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with federal and state employment regulations, as well as company policies and procedures; including maintenance of personnel files and internal auditing; handle all workers compensation reports/claims
Bachelor's Degree - Human Resources or related field preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years HR experience, with at least 1-2 years HR generalist experience
- Experience with high-volume non-exempt recruiting
- Experience with employee relations at the non-exempt level, including conducting investigations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Good communication skills, ability to speak with all levels of an organization
- PeopleSoft (preferred)
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.