Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Sunrun
Sunrun is the nation's largest residential solar, storage and energy services company. With a mission to create a planet run by the sun, Sunrun has led the industry since 2007 with its solar-as-a-service model, which provides clean energy to households with little to no upfront cost and at a saving compared to traditional electricity.
Sunrun Company Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Outlook 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Leadership Teams 2019
- Operations Department is ranked in the top 10% of companies for Overall Culture on Comparably.
- Operations Department is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Leadership on Comparably.
Overview Electrical Foreman Who we are: If change means solving one of the biggest challenges of our time by reinventing the way people power their homes, then we say bring it on. It doesn't hurt that we're reducing carbon emissions, adding new jobs to the economy, and having fun while doing it. In 2007, Sunrun co-Founders Ed Fenster and Lynn Jurich set out to make home solar mainstream. Upfront cost was a huge barrier to home solar adoption, so they invented the model now known as "solar service." Sunrun allows homeowners to pay for solar power, not the panels. This means Sunrun owns, maintains, and monitors the system while homeowners pay for the electricity it produces. Each business day, we install $2 million worth of solar and facilitate one solar installation every 10 minutes. Our network of more than 30 leading solar installers employs more than 3,000 people. Sunrun Installation Services Inc., a subsidiary of Sunrun Inc., is looking for an Electrical Foreman.
- Organize, lead, and train crews to complete projects within established guidelines and time-frames
- Ensure attention to detail with an emphasis on quality and safety
- Analyze and resolve worker problems and recommend solutions
- Relate to the public and to customers in a professional, courteous and respectful manner, appropriately responding to their complaints
- Work with up to 600 Volt Circuits
- Roof and attic work required
Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business. Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check. Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license.
- 1-2 years of electrical experience desired
- Full range of mobility in upper and lower body
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday
- Experience with electrical work involving wiring up to 600 VDC and 480 VAC
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks (up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds with assistance)
- Ability to work safely in a branch/warehouse/rooftop environment
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work
- Ability to interact with co-workers and participate in meetings
- Ability to work on rooftops with various angles and surfaces
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions
Sunrun and Sunrun Installation Services offer competitive salary and benefits. This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. Culture and Values
Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.