Graduate Laboratory Analyst
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Adler & Allan
Location: Brize Norton, OX18 3QQ
Salary: Up to £20k depending on experience
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday with daily hours of 8am- 5pm and an hour unpaid lunch
About the Company:
At Adler and Allan, we provide market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
We are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting our customers at the heart of what we do we live our values of Safety, Service, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise. Our culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help businesses and protect the environment, Adler and Allan could be for you. In return you will be rewarded with a great package, fantastic culture, challenging role and an opportunity for development and progression.
The post holder will be required to provide operational and analytical support to the Fuel, Water and Soil Testing Laboratory. This includes preparation of samples for analytical determination and performing various analytical tests.
Graduate Laboratory Analyst Responsibilities:
* Maintenance and implementation of a full set of Standard Operating SOP's for the laboratory, ensuring they are adhered to and kept current to ISO 17025
* Maintenance of update equipment logs and validation records
* Being instrumental in ensuring accreditation for the laboratory to ISO17025
* Preparation of soil and water samples for analysis
* Testing of soil and water samples - GC/MS, ICP/OES and various wet chemistry techniques - internal and / or external training will be given.
* Method Development & Validation - to manage method development and validation projects where required.
* Monitor and co-ordinate analysis requirements to meet client requested turnarounds.
* Any other task for which the post holder is suitably trained for and capable of doing, as instructed by management.
Graduate Laboratory Analyst Requirements:
* A Degree in a relevant Scientific Discipline (e.g. Chemistry)
* A solid understanding of QC related activities and ISO17025
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivation and good initiative
* Strong IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft office
* Ability to work independently, accurately and have a keen eye for detail
* Capable of working to deadlines and working under pressure
* Experience working in a laboratory setting (essential), with experience of analytical testing of soil and water matrices (preferred)
* Access to own transport
Graduate Laboratory Analyst Benefits:
* Full training
* Development opportunities
* Free onsite parking
* Pension scheme
If you think that you are suitable for this Graduate Laboratory Analyst role, please apply now!