Compliance Technology Data Development Technology Manager (Tech Mgr 3)
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Wells Fargo
About Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
About Enterprise Information Technology (EIT)
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Risk & Finance Core Services is a horizontal function within Risk and Finance CIO organization and is responsible for delivering data consistently across Risk & Finance. This Technology Manager will report to Compliance and Operational Risk data lead and is responsible for enabling data consumption from the Risk & Finance Core data platform to the Compliance and Operational Risk Applications
• Manages a medium-sized technology work unit or one or two smaller, specialized work units with indirect impact to organization-wide objectives.
• Works on moderately complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of numerous factors.
• Interacts with direct reports, customers and functional peer group managers.
• Typically has exempt staff and some lower-level managers as direct reports.
• Design high performing data models on big-data architecture to deliver retail, wholesale, securities & derivatives product data; and customer/party/product/account master reference data as data services.
• Design, develop solutions to support metadata, data lineage and data quality capabilities across the Risk & Finance Core Platform.
• Design and build high performing and scalable data pipeline platform using Hadoop (MapR, Horton Works, Cloudera etc), Apache Spark and Amazon S3 based object storage architecture.
• Design and build the data services on container-based architecture such as Kubernetes and Docker.
• Build and operate the data services platform that supports real-time and batch data sourcing/provisioning, data processing, data analytics and BI/reporting.
• Deliver data solutions by collaborating with other vertical and horizontal functions within Enterprise Risk & Finance Technology and broader Enterprise Information Technology groups.
This is a critical role for Compliance Data, reporting and analytic organization. The resource will be responsible for managing senior developers, analysts, and multiple projects. The resource will be responsible for leading one or more Compliance (data, reporting and analytic) domains, including and not limited to:
• Trade/Market Surveillances (spanning all traded products / asset classes for both EQ & FI, globally)
• AML/Financial Crimes/Customer Due diligence
• Equity Aggregation (including Takeover Panel reporting)
• Employee Investment Monitoring (including approved broker-dealer data
• Control Room (management of Gray List/Watch List/IB Deals Conflict)
• Compliance Aggregated Risk Assessment
• Laws, Rules & Regs management
• Compliance Sampling/Monitoring/Testing
• Compliance & Ops Risk Reporting
The preferred work location is AZ-Chandler,NC-Charlotte or NJ-Summit. Preference will be given to those candidates that either currently live in or are willing to relocate to AZ-Chandler,NC-Charlotte or NJ-Summit with limited to no relocation assistance.
- 7+ years of technology experience
- 2+ years of leadership or management experience, in a technology environment
- 10+ years of application development experience
- 10+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions
- 10+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- 10+ years of data warehouse experience
- 10+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience or a combination of both
- 3+ years of experience delivering ETL, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities on big-data architecture such as Hadoop
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- ETL, data warehouse and data analytics delivery experience on internal or external cloud platforms
- Experience in Hadoop ecosystem tools for real-time batch data ingestion, processing and provisioning such as Apache Flume, Apache Kafka, Apache Sqoop, Apache Flink, Apache Spark or Apache Storm
- Ability to articulate a complex problem, design, or build strategy
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- Ability to manage initiatives related to the following: architecture roadmap that aligns with business strategy and the broader architecture community; hardware and capacity planning, consolidation and rationalization; related emerging technology assessment and incubation
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
Other Desired Qualifications
• 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
• 5+ years of Compliance and/or Operational Risk domain experience
• 5+ years of experience in delivering data as a service
• Experience with Master and Reference data across Compliance and Operational Risk will be a big plus
• Must be knowledgeable in processes and data related to Compliance and Operational Risk functions
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.