ATSV-Test Engineer-Sr Cons I
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Allstate Insurance Company.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Are you enthusiastic about quality and want to make an impact in both technology and the business? Are you skilled in test automation? The Test Engineer Sr. Consultant I, provides Test execution on software development projects, focusing on the creation/execution of functional and automated test scripts for medium to high complex projects including database validation and web services testing. They are responsible for developing the test strategy for the team and are the quality champion responsible for identifying acceptance criteria and defining the test conditions when stories or requirements are created.
- Designing, coding and documenting automated test cases within a defined framework to ensure quality of our product and support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Decompose stories to be able to write effective acceptance criteria and automated test scripts for medium to high complexity projects
- Quality advocate within their team
- Provide input into environment needs for medium/high complexity projects
- Understand and escalate issues related to the test infrastructure with external teams
- Create and influence an environment where Test/Behavior-Driven Development is fostered
- Review, Analyze & Document bugs/issues accurately and clearly
- Collaborate with internal and external Development and Testing Teams
- Participate in Scrum Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities prepared to take on any role within an Agile team
- Participate in Sprint planning, release planning, backlog refinement, retrospectives
- Ability to work in a very fast paced development organization
- Minimum 3 years software testing experience
- Experience constructing test plans and executing these plans across functional, regression and system testing
- Practical experience with at least one of the following areas: Java, C#, Python, .NET, Selenium, UFT, SQL
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience using test management tools (eg HPQC, Jira Zephyr)
- Experience with Source Code Management Tools (eg Git, TFS, RTC)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Web Services in relation to software testing
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Experience working in an agile scrum team
- Experience executing test cases in at least one of the following areas: performance, stress load testing
- Experience utilizing automation tools (eg Eclipse, IntelliJ, Maven, TestNG)
- Experience using Web Service Testing Tools (eg CA LISA, SoapUI, other WS tools)
- Experience using performance testing tools (eg LoadRunner, ALM performance center, JMeter)
- Experience using continuous integration tools (eg Jenkins)
- Knowledge or experience of Relational Database Management (eg Oracle, SQL, MySQL)
- Industry knowledge & experience in Insurance and Telematics experience is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment