Pricing Technician Implementation Manager
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Allstate Insurance Company.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Product Operations General Management job family is accountable for meeting business goals through the use of teams that vary in size depending on the scale and complexity of the business need. This job family works with various stakeholders throughout the enterprise to develop effective relationships to support business goals. Additionally, this job family is responsible for ensuring successful execution of the organizational structure as it relates to talent management, quality of deliverables and expense management.
The Band E Manager is responsible for demonstrating effective leadership principles consisting of: providing guidance and direction on project strategy and issue resolution, holding others accountable and providing timely feedback and coaching to encourage, empower and motivate both direct and non-direct reports as well as peers.
This individual is also a key driver in identifying and implementing process improvements to lead to increased efficiency, quality and effective budget allocation. Additionally, the Band E Manager understands the business needs and corporate goals and applies strategic thinking to develop measures to reach such goals.
- Continually monitors and anticipates resource needs and makes proactive recommendations and oversees day to day operations
- Provides strategic direction and takes accountability for requirements, procedures and standards
- Provides effective, Real Time performance management feedback, coaching and mentoring
- Prioritizes talent cultivation, retention and succession planning
- Demonstrates influential leadership and leads by example when handling ambiguous and difficult situations
- Drives effective use of budget
- Challenges people to think outside of the box and encourages non-traditional ways of thinking
- Anticipates and resolves critical to complex operational issues
- Engages appropriate parties in discussion to drive issue resolution and decision making
- Leverages numbers/metrics/prior experiences to draw conclusions and drive business results
- Develops and delivers strategic communications (appropriate: audience, vehicle, level of detail, urgency)
- Projects strong storytelling skills (verbal & written) and engaging leadership presence
- Purposefully gathers diversity of opinion when making decisions
- Functions as a liaison between business unit and technology area and builds strong relationships with this group
- Possesses advanced discipline and insurance knowledge, working knowledge of all teams (business, technology, etc.), applies it and teaches others
- Articulates corporate goals & strategy, how it connects to individual teams/disciplines, applies it and teaches others
- Effectively navigates across Allstate Personal Lines and Shared Services
- Actively shares; purposeful and strategic conduit from business to team and stakeholders
Key Responsibilities (Cont'd)
- Ensures processes are followed and applied consistently throughout team/department
- Proactively evaluates procedures and processes regularly and determines/recommends alternatives or improvements
- Implements process improvements and identifies appropriate criteria to measure impact to the organization
- Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: 7 + years experience; prior insurance experience preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Advanced decision making skills
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal)
- Advanced time, organizational and project management skills
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Intermediate conflict resolution skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment