Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Allstate Insurance Company.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work herethe dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
Thats because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldnt be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We dont just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected global team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.
The Systems Analyst (SA) creates high-level technical design for high complexity projects and maintenance efforts by analyzing requirements and systems architecture, consulting with technology partners and validating tool standards. The SA Technician reviews and evaluates mitigation efforts for design constraints and/or risks and leads design reviews to develop and support optimal IT solutions.
- Creates the high-level technical design for one or more complex projects and difficult maintenance efforts by analyzing and tracing designs to requirements (business and functional) and systems architecture
- Responsible for creation of roadmaps, leading design reviews, and performing analysis for one or more applications
- Identifies systems and technical constraints, potential technology risks, and document possible mitigation strategies for high complexity projects
- May guide the design deliverables of Systems Analysts and Developers
- Consults with Business Analysts to write functional design for high complexity projects
- Manages design reviews, application design impacts between concurrent releases, and technical walkthroughs
- Understands the technical details, integration, and functions of multiple applications, hardware, and/or software within a team. Executes and enforce best practices. May be responsible to identify and design for non-functional requirements
- Provides technical input and act as point-of-contact during architectural assessments for area applications
- For high complexity projects, validate code to designs and requirements.
- Monitors the technical progress of the project
- Assists with detailed project estimating and milestone planning. Reviews and validates accuracy of others estimates. Track the critical path across project teams and communicate the technical progress of the project
- Recommends technology solutions to meet business requirements.
- Partner with Business Analysts and possibly clients to improve business requirements and business process flows
- Evaluates Proof of Concepts (POCs) and validate that code delivers design intent
- Plans, conducts, and reviews module and integration testing for high complexity projects. Analyze, validate, and consult on the content of functional test conditions for high complexity applications, projects, etc.
- Evaluates root cause of issues and the resolutions
- Manage and document technical issue resolution.
- Facilitate impact assessment when changes to systems are requested.
- Coordinates various technology organization groups around required operations, environment documentation needed to insure a system can be supported and profiled as needed.
- Recommends and guides the implementation of technical process improvements.
- Creates and Maintains technical process and application process flows
- Maintains understanding of software industry and provide direction for future solutions
- College degree with technical study or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years of systems experience
- Experience in designing architecture
- Has detailed knowledge of the architecture of the systems which support an entire business area, including business systems, networks, servers, platforms and data bases
- Capable of achieving accurate results in the handling of challenging problems
- Experience with Big Data tools and processing (Pyspark, Scala, Hadoop)
- Experience with streaming of data (Flink, Kafka, Cassandra)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Thats the day-to-day, now lets talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But youll be working forand atArity. Its the best of both worlds. Youll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. Thats more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. Its a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We cant wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.