Principal Data Strategy Analyst - US
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Liberty Mutual Insurance
Advance your Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 CompanyThe Principal Analyst, Data Strategy for the Central Data Office will play a critical role in developing the data strategy, roadmap and planning as well as providing governance, quality, and timeliness of operational and analytics data for the enterprise. Our goal is to ultimately create an exceptional experience for customers and stakeholders. The Central Data Office is dedicated to Libertys Global Retail Markets which is the biggest business unit of Liberty Mutual and data is one of its top priorities.
This is a new office created in 2018 which is part of our overall shift to a streamlined and centralized data model. As part of this new team, youll help to shape our data strategy vision while providing governance, quality, integrity, and timeliness of operational and analytics data for the enterprise. You will get to work across all areas of the company. In this role, you will collaborate with business and technical partners to understand their pain points, discuss solutions, develop a roadmap, and influence prioritization of data initiatives that enable the business to make faster and more accurate decisions, measured by KPIs.
- Assist in the creation of data strategy and support planning across all U.S. personal lines portfolios at Liberty Mutual.
- Contributes to the data strategy roadmap with what needs to be accomplished to deliver an exceptional customer experience and become a data leader in the industry.
- Conduct research on emerging data and technology trends to influence and evolve the data strategy roadmap.
- Identify data use cases by collaborating with business and data office partners to understand business problems and how data can help solve them.
- Partner with technology and data teams to surface those problems and discuss and ideate on possible approaches to solve them.
- Influence prioritization of data use cases to achieve an efficient build-out of the data capabilities resulting in exceptional customer experience.
- Demonstrate an Agile mindset to collaborate and drive results.
- Be a compelling storyteller to gain support on the strategy by delivering effective presentations to a senior audience. Socialize ideas and rapidly iterate on feedback to ensure the maximum buy-in and impact of the strategic message.
2+ years of experience working with data or analytics teams
Bachelors in Business Administration, Finance, other quantitative discipline, or relevant work experience required.
MBA or similar advanced degree preferred.
1-2 years in management consulting, corporate strategy or strategic planning roles preferred.
Candidate should have strong written and oral communication skills with experience communicating recommendations
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being.
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.