Supplier Performance Senior Manager - Sourcing & Procuremen
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Allstate Insurance Company.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Supplier Performance Senior Manager leads a team responsible the development, implementation maintenance, and governance of supplier performance. The role is responsible for planning, design governance and communication of the Supplier Performance results. The role partners with key stakeholders across the organization to promote the supplier performance value proposition and drive a customer centric mindset.
- Develops and maintains long-term vision for the supplier management framework though identification, support, and maintenance of supplier segmentation criteria, risk assessment processes, roles and responsibilities, relationship management and escalation policies and practices
- Lead the development and maintenance of governance framework to monitor adherence to supplier management processes including: risk identification, assessment and mitigation, financial health, key performance metrics and supplier governance
- Development of supplier performance communication strategy which includes relevant input to enterprise risk and return dashboards, supplier management governance framework and leadership messaging
- Identifies operational reporting metrics and works with internal resources to design, develop, and implement reporting and improvement initiatives
- Reviews supplier due diligence documentation and audit reports to identify and communicate areas of risk and determine remediation efforts
- Develop relevant, consistent supplier management targets, dashboards and communication strategy.
This job has supervisory duties.
Education and Experience
- 10 or more years of related experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience; may also have advanced degree
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or similar certification
- Advanced ability to influence others to achieve results by thinking strategically, communicating clearly and fostering mutually beneficial internal and external relationships
- Demonstrates a high-level understanding of relevant 3rd party supplier management and risk management processes and can apply breadth and depth of knowledge to engage in strategic conversations and decisioning
- Advanced understanding of internal business processes, enterprise risk management, strategic direction and business objectives
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually and analytically to assess problems, identify and consider potential solutions, and make timely recommendations
- Ability to work effectively in a Matrix environment
- Advanced ability to manage multiple complex, high profile projects
- Advanced application of systems thinking requiring focus on constituent parts interrelated to how a system works over time and in relation to a larger system
- Advanced ability to apply analytical skills and techniques to research, analyze, synthesize and integrate data/information
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment