Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Allstate Insurance Company.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Be passionate. Be a leader. Most importantly do meaningful work.
Were looking for a communications professional who can take projects and run with them, has a knack for distilling complex info into understandable and engaging messaging, can strike the right balance between strategic and creative thinking, and is comfortable working with leaders at all levels. Are you up to the challenge?
In Coporate Relations we:
- Tell Allstates iconic story and bring the voice of Allstate to life through internal and external strategic communications.
- Know the business and work closely with leaders to strengthen Allstates reputation, strategy and culture.
- Provide world-class communications counsel to advance issues and initiatives important to our stakeholders employees, customers, consumers, agency force, investors, policy makers and opinion leaders.
We connect our stakeholders to Allstate and to each other, build and protect our brand, and get the word out about ways that Allstate helps people live a good life every day. We do this by providing our expertise in executive positioning, internal communications, media relations, reputation management, issues and crisis management, thought leadership and advocacy, strategic business counsel, employee engagement and culture, corporate social responsibility and financial communications.
We are a group of talented, creative, passionate and strategic individuals who work together to achieve our common goals. We are research-based, outcomes-driven and business-focused, and dedicated to professional development at all levels.
Our local Corporate Relations department, based in Lone Tree, CO, is a mighty team of three. We are the Good Hands for the West Central Region and are focused on robust communication support in a nine-state territory. We are passionate about what we do. We believe in and deliver on Allstates shared purpose: To help customers realize their hopes and dreams by providing the best products and services to protect them from lifes uncertainties and prepare them for the future.
This Senior Communication Consultant I will contribute to the team in the following areas:
- External Communication:
- Media Relations: Serves as a company spokesperson; makes and maintains media contacts; works with news outlets to place stories that drive local agency presence and enhance Allstates reputation; develops media campaigns; provides event logistical support as needed.
- Government Relations and Public Affairs: Works with regional counsel to assist with developing strategies, material, and message development to support Allstate public policy initiatives along with intelligence gathering on regulatory initiatives that impact our industry.
- Issues Management: Partners with regional and home office leadership to communicate with key stakeholder groups in a crisis or issue situation; is able to perform as an effective leader when addressing adverse media issues.
- Internal Communication: Develops and implements internal communication strategies that create an understanding of corporate priorities, provide context on issues and initiatives, and build employee/agency engagement.
- Reputation and Brand Management: Helps identify reputational risks that have or could have an impact on overall business performance and Allstates reputation; assists with developing and leading solutions.
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Strategic Philanthropy: Develops and manages community involvement strategies related to corporate contributions and volunteerism; helps manage strategic giving program budget; identifies, establishes and builds relationships with key nonprofit partners and opinion leaders; measures impact of programs.
Experience and education you should have:
- 3 to 5 years in a communications role
- Insurance and financial services business acumen preferred
- Nonprofit organization experience is a plus
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or a related field
Skills you should have:
- Strong self-starter and able to work independently and virtually.
- Are passionate about writing. You know the difference between your and you're (and can apply the Associated Press Style Guide). Grammar geeks will thrive.
- Love telling stories. You find topics people want to read about and then they actually read it!
- Think like a reporter. With guidance and training, you're not afraid to pick up the phone and do an interview.
- Know how to execute. You get things done. You block out distractions. List-makers wanted.
- Are fast and can drive action. You make things happen. You volunteer and move work forward. Sense of urgency is in your vocabulary.
- Are strategic with a splash of creativity. You can help connect dots in new and innovative ways. Others want you to counsel them on their projects.
- Are a team player. We'll train you and we anticipate you want to learn and help the team succeed.
- Embrace 360-degree communications. We create content. We also track and report results. You like both.
- Present with confidence and know how to coach others to present to wow their audience too.
- Being busy doesnt scare you it inspires you. This is a job of many hats. Youre nimble, on-the-go and ready to pivot when you need to.
Job Qualifications (Cont'd)
- Design skills. You made a logo on an evite for that friend's birthday party. It rocked.
- Video skills. Editing in iMovie is your jam. You envision shots that will make your vacation video great while touring a new city.
- Media measurement skills. You love building and monitoring lists in Cision and using data visuals to tell your measurement story.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment