IAM Integration Engineer
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Allstate Insurance Company.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The IAM (Identity and Access Management) Integration Engineer will interface with Security Service Delivery Leads and SMEs to take responsibility of designing the overall architecture and engineering design of solutions that expose their services as APIs to the Enterprise. This individual will also interface with BISOs and Business Stakeholders to engage them in the definition of the higher-level functional and non-functional requirements, analyze technical trade-offs, determine the major components and define the interfaces and collaborations between them. The IAM Integration Engineer will also validate technology assumptions and evaluate alternatives and serves as the primary coach for a domain (in this case Security APIs) across teams, ensuring that team-led design runs in sync with the product/solution and underlying platform architecture
- Participate in planning, definition and high-level design of the solution, owning designs and design artifacts
- Plan and develop architecture, proofs of concept, and architectural runway in support of upcoming business features and capabilities
- Define subsystems and their interfaces; allocate responsibilities to subsystems; understand solution deployment
- Work with internal customers, stakeholders, and suppliers to establish high-level solution intent
- Interact regularly with IAM Delivery Leads and SMEs about features under development
- Work directly with development teams to implement solutions
- Expected to drive adoption of standards and practices throughout the enterprise through keeping up-to-date, extensive documentation.
- Create, maintain, follow, and promote well-established software architecture best practices among co-workers
* Work location for this role can be one of the following: Charlotte, NC; Irving, TX; Tempe, AZ. We may have additional geographic flexibility for the right individual*
- Experience with Business Process Orchestration enabled by API Design and Deployment
- 10+ of overall IT experience with at least 7+ years as an API Architect/Engineer with focus on TIBCO and/or Kafka
- Candidate must be able to define solutions using Kafka based integrations. Knowledge of TIBCO based integrations is a Plus.
- Strong experience using Kafka and TIBCO ESB and other related technologies
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in API management platforms and API related activities: requirement analysis, solution architecture and design, resource-based API modeling, micro-services architecture.
- Experience with designing Decision Models and Event Listeners
- Knowledge of BPMN and State Management as part of API Design and Architecture
- Experienced in leading and guiding the team on developing solutions that fully integrate and collaborate with existing IT systems to solve complex business solutions.
- Knowledge about API design standards, patterns and best-practices.
- Experience with SOAP, REST web services, integration technologies like ESB (Kafka, TIBCO).
- Strong experience working on Hybrid cloud environment with one of the cloud platform (AWS or Azure)
- Candidate should have a holistic view of enterprise solutions, taking into consideration operational costs, security, performance engineering, application development, and systems management.
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in API security standards and implementation (Oauth, OpenId).
- Expert-level knowledge and experience applying current and emerging technology integration solutions and trends including security and regulatory industry requirements
- Expert-level ability to understand overall IT strategy and apply/implement IT strategy in assigned projects/initiatives
- Demonstrated decision-making skills related to implementing integration architecture and design
- Extensive knowledge of integration files formats and canonical structures, transmission protocols and transformation technologies
- Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies
- Knowledge regarding APIs applied to Security: Identity Management, Access Management, Privilege Access, Identity Workflow, Provisioning, Audit logging, Identity Analytics.
- Proven track record of acting as SME for Kafka and API related projects.
- Knowledge and experience designing and implementing SOA and API Governance
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.