Business Development Manager - Car Sharing
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Allstate Insurance Company.
Drift is a new car sharing platform focused on improving mobility and reducing the cost of car ownership. We give car owners a way to earn extra income from their idle cars and connect drivers with a convenient, affordable way to drive a car when they want.
The Business Development Manager will work within the Car Sharing product segment to create and execute both short and long-term B2B sales and go-to-market strategies.
- Develop and execute a broad partner acquisition strategy (source, evaluate, and close deals) that enable the business to achieve our growth targets
- Lead business development efforts ranging from forming strategic partnerships with large, nationwide companies to negotiating relationships with regional partners
- Collaborate with internal teams including technical, product, and marketing to ensure that partner requirements are represented on our product roadmap and that the business team understands the value proposition for solutions in the market
- Effectively articulate the Car Sharing value proposition to prospect, educate and qualify leads to create sales-ready opportunities
- Develop and maintain plans to maximize phone time, including strategic planning, adhering to metrics and defining outreach strategies based on market segment and prospect type
- Update and maintain accurate information in CRM tools
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
The Business Development Manager will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated success in generating leads and fostering client relationships. Organizational skills and strategic analysis are important aspects of the position, along with exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to close deals. The ideal candidate has experience researching market trends, targeting relationships and using proven methods to develop our business strategy, identify key partners and expand into new markets.
Key qualifications include:
- Ability to travel 30-40% of the time
- Expertise in storytelling to clients, investors or other stakeholders
- Experience leading business development efforts for a young company/startup with a focus on rapid growth and customer acquisition
- Comfort, positivity, and excitement for engaging and building relationships with C-Level and senior executives
- Strategic and judicious decision-making with diligent, consistent follow-through
- Experience managing multiple partnerships across a wide range of key players
- Demonstrable creativity and thoughtfulness in structuring deals to reflect unique business relationships
- A track record of working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to set expectations and adapt in a rapidly expanding and changing marketplace
- Experience in complex, first of their kinds deals with large and small companies, with a proven ability to negotiate agreements, assess risks and interpret legal documents
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, including high-calibre cold calling skills
- Familiarity with common office software and CRM
- Self-starter - comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, results-oriented culture where team members work together collaboratively
- Ability to navigate through high-priority negotiations and work well under pressure
Drift - Business Development Manager