Commercial Insurance Underwriter
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Allstate Insurance Company.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Underwriting team performs various responsibilities centered on quality, communication and policy evaluation all in support of developing and maintaining a profitable book of business within the territories.
The Commercial Insurance Underwriter builds and maintains agency relationships for the common purpose of providing extraordinary customer relationships while profitably growing a multi-line book of business.
- Develop and maintain a profitable book of business
- Underwriting complex accounts including new and renewal business
- Effectively reviews plans, programs and procedures to ensure participation in continuous improvement.
- Support Production, Quality and Service Level Agreement Goals
- Communicate analysis of risk and eligibility guidelines
- Assist in Formulation of plans, programs, policies and procedures
- Identifies unprofitable and problem risks and producers
- Mentor/Advise Junior associates
- 5 years commercial insurance underwriting experience
- College degree
- Knowledge of Insurance industry rules, regulations, and legal requirements
- Knowledge of Microsoft products
- Familiar with multiple lines of products
- Knowledge of multivariant rating plans
- Understanding of Financial, Physical and Motor Vehicle reports
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.