Data Management Architect
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Allstate Insurance Company.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
A Data Management Architect is accountable for defining and socializing the data management practice across the Allstate corporation. This position works with the business and delivery partners to establish Governance, Metadata, Data Quality, Reference Data Management and Data Structure Design standards and processes. Governance will entail defining the data standards that will be governed and participating in the governance process. The position works with solution architects and delivery organizations across the enterprise to ensure that data management principles and processes are incorporated in system designs.
- Act as primary Data Management Architect in the establishment of data management solutions, including:
- Metadata/data cataloging initiatives and data access enablement
- Business data taxonomies and relationships
- Data Quality framework and adoption
- Reference data management
- Data structures design
- Data Governance
- Drive maturation of enterprise data taxonomy and glossary relationships, partnering with Data Management to create standards, develop scalable curation processes, and ensure established crosswalks across glossaries in various metadata systems
- Using independent research and analysis of industry and technology trends, provide actionable ideas for innovation and business capability development
- Ensure that implementations align to enterprise data strategy principles adhering to enterprise Architecture standards
- Ensure a cross-functional view of business data is available to the enterprise
- Incorporate data management needs in the enterprise architectural framework
- Communicate technology strategy via roadmaps and conceptual diagrams documents
- Provide consultation to teams on the tactical application of reference architectures and the strategic direction of enterprise technology
- Collaborate with technologists and business people to identify opportunities for innovation and automation
- Author reference architectures and position statements that support the principles and design considerations for system designs
- Support vendor selection and analysis process by evaluating vendor architecture's fit within the domain
- Maintain reference view of data management systems, integrations, and technologies
- Partner with developers and solution architects to deliver effective integrations of in-house and vended solutions to provide seamless data management solutions across all businesses
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience within a Data management practice and/or Data management architecture that was accountable for the establishment and process related to this discipline
- 2+ years experience in industry tools managing Governance, Metadata, Data Quality, Reference Data Management and Data Structure Design (preferably Informatica suite of tools)
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills.
- Ability to lead or mentor a group of employees (directly or indirectly)
- Well versed in industry data management trends, practices and standards
- Knowledge of state, federal and international regulations affecting data with experience in leveraging the data management practice to enable compliance.
- Ability to work with multiple diverse teams. Can work with technical delivery teams and business partners.
Nice to have:
- Experience with JSON, XML or Avro structure design
- Knowledge of security (risks and threats, authentication, authorization, certificates, encryption)
- Canonical data modeling experience
- Library or Information Science education and/or experience
- Ability to concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require application of creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable
- High level organizational and project management skills to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.